Green Tea prevents hair loss!
Originating in China, Green Tea is made solely from the leaves of Camellia sinensis, that has undergone minimal oxidation during processing. Many different varieties of green tea are available world over grown locally and differentiating due to local climatic, growing and processing conditions.
The ingredient in green tea which help in preventing hair loss is catechins, which help in inhibiting 5-alpha-reductase, which is responsible for hair loss.
Higher level of green tea is related with level of sex hormone binding protein (SHBP) which carries hormone like testosterone. Testosterone is usually carried around body by SHBP , so thus it reduces level of free testosterone and thus it can not be converted in to DHT in hair follicle which is the key factor of Hair Loss.
You can also wash your hair using green tea too. Green tea shampoo protect your scalp from infections and other pollutants, thus it helps in preventing your hair from dandruff too.
[info]Quick Facts About Green Tea:
- Main ingredient in green tea which prevents hair loss is Catechins.
- Green Tea has substances called polyphenol catechins. Evidence indicates that these polyphenols block the action of a specific enzyme that sparks male hair loss.
- Hair loss is also prevented by the “anti-inflammatory” properties of green tea. Whereas blocking DHT is useful only to men, anti-inflammatories gives benefit to prevent hair loss to both men and women. (Anti-inflamatory – “acting to reduce certain signs of inflammation, as swelling, tenderness, fever, and pain.”)
- There are substantial evidences that polyphenolic sub-stances are considered as anti-inflammatory and have stress inhibitory characteristics, and it’s proven that stress inhibits hair growth.
- The main polyphenol in green tea is epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG).
- EGCG found in green tea promotes hair growth in cell culture.
- It has been found that a scalp rinsed with warm green tea could destroy fungal or bacterial parasites that may not be diagnosed.
[framed_box bgColor=”rgba(215,235,244,1)” borderColor=”#88aff3″ textColor=”#200202″ rounded=”true”]
It reportedly contains the highest concentration of powerful antioxidants called polyphenols making it very useful in treating the following conditions :
[list icon=”star” color=”green”]
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Cancer : It is rich in catechin polyphenols, particularly epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) a powerful anti-oxidant: besides inhibiting the growth of cancer cells, it kills cancer cells without harming healthy tissue.
- High cholesterol levels
- Cardiovascular disease
- Prevents various infections
- Impaired immune function
- Helps preventing tooth decay
- Green tea extract burned more calories
Side effect reported from drinking green tea :
- Insomnia due to the fact that it contains caffeine.
- Can cause stomach irritation to some people.